September 29, 2015

Process Video + Shimelle.com

I’ve been a longtime fan of Shimelle, both as a teacher and all around good bean. She’s passionate about this paper + story thing and I love that.



For my layout I was really inspired by Shimelle's Scrapbooking Colour Schemes with Pink layout. 
The first thing that caught my eye was the beautiful color scheme. I love bold pops of color and this layout delivers. I also like linear designs that feature repetition of a shape or element so that’s where I ran with this design.

I have a process video here that walks you through on how to dress up plain wood veneer and create a bold band of repeated shapes. Let me know what you think! I’d love to see what you create.




4 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! This is so cool!!! Your veneer is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOO AMAZING!! I LOVE THIS and your style! will be following your blog and work! I may have to scrap lift some of this! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just awesome! Wood veneers in the main role.

    ReplyDelete